Friday, March 29, 2013

Back With a Vengence... And a New Blog

For those of you that don't know me, let me introduce myself.  My name is Shanda de Vries and I'm a 26 year old Freelance Writer from Ontario, Canada. My life revolves around my incredible boyfriend, John and our puppy, Hannibal (he's a chihuahua/miniature dachshund mix). 

John and I met last year (at a bar, of all places).  I knew from the second we started talking that he was the man I wanted to marry.  So I walked away from everything and everybody I've ever known, and moved out to farm country.  It's absolutely beautiful and although I wouldn't trade it for the world, I wish there was more work out here.

After being unable to find a job, I decided to take up freelance writing.  Since I've always loved to write, I assumed it would be a piece of cake.  It wasn't.  I wrote 13 hrs a day for $10.  Then, I finally had some luck with getting a job and put the writing dream on the backburner while I went to go work in an office for a little while.

I'm not going to bother explaining the whole story, but the long and short of it is I'm a very unlucky person and had way too much going on in my head at the time, and I ended up losing my job.  Getting another one has proven to be rather difficult (seriously, the job market sucks around here) , so back to the drawing board we go!

So hi, I'm Shanda. And if you have a freelance writing gig, I'm your girl. I'm willing to take on any sort of proposal you may have.  This blog will be dedicated to my journey, and I hope to hear from you soon. Also, feel free to check out my Twitter and Facebook pages.

Thanks a lot for reading, tell your friends!

 “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment